There are so many scams out there. How do I know this is legitimate?
This is a great question, and one you should definitely be asking. The entire reason Ukraine Aid Ops exists is because a lot of the larger fundraising efforts by official organizations have not been as effective as hoped at actually getting aid and protective equipment into the hands of those who need it most.
To help show our legitimacy, we can show you photos and videos of units receiving equipment from us. In addition, we are publicly partnering with people who are well-known to have been either on the front lines in Ukraine and directly involved in the fight, or are helping those who are, such as James Vasquez and Malcolm Nance. [Editor’s note: we long ago ended any involvement with them but leaving this in for transparency]
- Ukrainian OUN battalion: https://twitter.com/UkraineAidOps/status/1530891557418815489
- Ukrainian National Guard: https://twitter.com/UkraineAidOps/status/1529104453126725635
- Ukrainian National Guard: https://twitter.com/UkraineAidOps/status/1527666417461563393
- 42nd Brigade: https://twitter.com/UkraineAidOps/status/1525241914563379205
- Task Force Baguette: https://twitter.com/UkraineAidOps/status/1528774946930958336
- Issac US former Marine volunteer: https://twitter.com/Marine_Ukraine/status/1530460746378891264
- Vazquez, Nance and Rawlings with Harri: https://twitter.com/UkraineAidOps/status/1525998101252775938
- James Vasquez: https://twitter.com/jmvasquez1974/status/1519312204604092422
- Malcolm Nance: https://twitter.com/MalcolmNance/status/1531266885572079617
- Rip Rawlings: https://twitter.com/RipRawlings/status/1524394163940347904
- [Editor’s note: we long ago ended any involvement with those in the last five bullet points but leaving them in for transparency]